Monday, May 29, 2017

3rd Area! Transferred to Komenda

3RD AREA—TRANSFERRED TO KOMENDA, GHANA!!!! (MAY 29, 2017)
So I've been transferred! It kinda stinks that I had to leave Dunkwa so soon, but it’s all alright because I’ve been moved to another area back on the ocean! The place is called Komenda and it is everything like my first area in Axim was. The nice cool sea breeze never gets old and smells so good! Also, since Dunkwa has been more modernized by all the gold mining, I am able to get back to a place with a lot more African culture! I am also in a group so we are having to find more people here to build this place up strong. My new companions name is Elder Manyayi, and he is from Zimbabwe which so far is where all my favorite African missionaries come from! He is a super sweat and spiritual guy who I am going to enjoy working with a lot. The home i am now living in is also a lot nicer than the one we had in Dunkwa so I am very grateful for that as well. And to top it off, Elder Manyayi can make really nice stews to put on rice so we will be eating well. This is a new area, though, so I don't know much about it. But, all that I can tell is that I am going to like it a lot! I miss you all back home so much, and I love you all a lot!

-- Elder Knecht





No comments:

Post a Comment