Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Axim, Ghana (December 27, 2016)


Sorry I wasn't able to email yesterday. The café that we have to travel to was closed because they could not connect to the internet. But, I am so happy to be able to talk now about my past week! Christmas in Ghana is a smaller holiday to them, but we were able to go around and share the importance of it. I have definitely shared Luke 2 more times in a week than I have ever opened to it in my life. The people know the reason of why we celebrate Christmas, but we were able to share the importance of it more. My companion and I had plenty of opportunities to teach about Jesus Christ and the example he set and why he is so important for us to always remember him. But other than that, Ghanaian's are always looking for an excuse to party. So, all week they were parading up and down the streets singing and dancing. It was fun seeing them all dressed up in African clothing. But, I was so excited for the chance that I had to be able to Skype home! I only was able to see my family for a couple minutes because we weren't able to get the microphone to work, but being able to see them for that short time made my week for sure. I was still able to call home, and for the time that we had to be able to talk was the best Christmas gift ever! It was great being able to talk to them all and to share a little about my mission. I miss them all a lot and I’m so grateful for all the support they show me. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas back home!

 -- Elder Knecht



Christmas Fufu!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment