Monday, November 21, 2016

Axim, Ghana (November 21,2016)


Axim, Ghana (November 21, 2016)

This past week has been crazy with all the traveling we had to do. Last Monday we had a zone activity which was super fun! We played soccer, and I realized that my body is already messed up, because when I started to sprint my legs were way behind my body, and I just fell straight into the dirt. I've never felt slow before; so, I've decided to work out a bit when I have time. On Thursday, we had Zone Conference in Tarkwa. Tarkwa is a cool city that is growing because of the gold mines. We got the chance to proselyte a bit here, and I was surprised by how well the people spoke English. I thought I was back home for a bit. This past Sunday, the entire branch traveled two hours to Tokarodi for a broadcast called the West African Conference. This was a live broadcast to all of West Africa. It was super cool to hear what the speakers had to say to these people. The church is growing in Africa, and I’m happy my small branch was able to see this. They are very secluded from the rest of the church in Ghana. Axim Branch is in a village! I won’t say that out loud here, though, because living in a village is an insult in Africa…but Axim is a village.

This coming Sunday is our first baptism! Naomi is the sweetest girl, and she has done so well humbling herself unto the lord. I am so proud of her for deciding to be baptized, and I cannot wait for Sunday after church! The best part is that I get to do the baptism! My first one! I'm so excited! What I am most happy about, though, is the fact that I know my first convert will be strong in the church! I am just so blessed to be here in Ghana and for the experiences I am having. I can't wait to tell you guys all about it next week. Miss you all!

-- Elder Knecht


Tarkwa Zone Conference










Tokarodi- West African Conference






No comments:

Post a Comment