Monday, November 28, 2016

Axim, Ghana (November 28, 2016)



This week has been really great. Of course my anticipation for the baptism on Sunday was really strong, but we were able to reach out and contact a bunch of new people.


Apparently, there was a small path at the back of our area that led into the thick jungle, which led to a small village. We had seen it before but thought it just led to a place where the people go to the bathroom. So, we never took it. We asked someone where it led, and he said to a village that was far back in the jungle. So, we decided to go. The village was actually a really cool place with lots of people and a lot of ground had been cleared for farming. We talked to everyone there and got the okay from a lot of them to be able to go back and to meet with them. So, we will see if any of them will be serious. Hopefully… it’s really fun to walk there!


Last week was my first baptism. We have been working so hard with preparing her, and I'm so happy that she decided to be baptized. It was such an awesome feeling being able to baptize Naomi. I know she will be a really strong convert. It was even cooler because the entire ward showed up to support her. Her smile, though, was the best. It made me feel really good to see her so happy because of the decision she made! I can’t wait to have another investigator like her. This past couple months has been great so far. I can’t wait to continue to keep working and to see who else I will be able to help on the way.


-- Elder Knecht


 




No comments:

Post a Comment