Monday, January 16, 2017

Axim, Ghana (January 16, 2017) 1ST COMPANION/TRAINER GETTING TRANSFERRED

Another great week in Ghana, and I also have some sad and exciting news as well! This past week we had transfer news and after three great, hardworking transfers with my trainer, I am going to be losing him. Man, he really taught me so much and helped me adjust to the culture perfectly. I will always remember all the stories he would tell me from his experiences on his mission and from back home! I never had a boring moment with him, and I am so grateful for him and for everything he has done for me. I would also like to thank him for eating all the gross food at first, as well, and for finishing the rest of my fufu for me when I thought I was going to die from it. I'm getting better at it, but man he saved me a lot. I will miss him so much, and I wish him the best of luck with his next companion as district leader in his next area in Cape Coast! He will kill it!

But, on a happy note, though, I am going to be receiving my new companion from Nigeria! He is very old on the mission, so I bet I will learn a lot from him as well! I will have to tell his name next week because I don't know how to really say it or spell it at the moment! But, from what I've heard about him, I cannot wait to meet him!

But, for lessons we were able to teach London again this week twice and were able to teach him the plan of salvation which he liked very much. He also loves to contribute in our lesson which I love because he always says the funniest things about the gospel. He’s a sweet man and is progressing very greatly I feel. Also, this week another companionship in our area was able to baptize a man that elder Jennings and I were able to find. He was a really sweet man that we found on the side of the rode and had a super cool Gospel Conversation with. I happy for him and his happiness that he has found in this church! Anyways, I can’t wait to see what this week will bring me and my new companion! Love you all back home so much!

-- Elder Knecht

A tribute to Elder Jennings and I!  My first companion, trainer, big brother who watched out for me, ate food for me that I couldn't eat, told me good stories, and was an awesome example of hard work on the mish.

Man! I'm gonna miss this guy!
 
The food is obviously fufu, but if you look at the meat, you will see towards the back the goat stomach and intestines all wrapped around it. It tasted great but the goat is just gross.  Still ate it though and loved it, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment