Monday, September 19, 2016


Provo MTC (Sept. 7, 2016)
Hello back home! This past week has been crazy with all the new things I’ve learned. First thing, my companion and I got to teach a couple more lessons to a mostly “real investigator” named Rod from Chile. (Most likely he already decided to join our church and is getting baptized soon.) It’s so crazy to think that in one more week I’ll be doing this in Ghana! We taught him the main three lessons and got him to commit to prayer and reading the scriptures. The best part about our lessons with Rod was getting him to commit to baptism. The feeling of using the baptism invitation to get someone to commit to baptism has such an awesome spirit to it!
The next big thing was at dinner last Friday. Our DL surprised us all with our flight plans to Ghana!!! This next Tuesday at 8:30 am we are all headed to New York, and then from there we are going straight to Ghana! Our 18 hour flight is coming, haha!

We are all so pumped up at the MTC. I just can’t wait to get out there and begin teaching! It’s weird to think that the next time I will be writing home I will be in Ghana. It is just the weirdest thing to comprehend right now.

I was reading in the scriptures and I came across one that really hit me with my time right now being on a mission. It’s in Ether 12:6, and it is… "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." I like to think that my trial of faith was deciding to come on my mission. I can honestly say now that I have received a witness everyday here at the MTC that this gospel is true. I am so glad I am here and I can’t wait to get out into the field and be a witness to everyone that this church is true! I miss and love you all back home.

Elder Knecht









No comments:

Post a Comment