Monday, September 26, 2016


2nd WEEK IN AXIM, GHANA, (Sept. 26, 2016)

This past week has been really great. My trainer is doing an awesome job teaching me and is helping me out with the culture. So far I am already taking the lead in lessons, and I am able to teach confidently. It’s crazy how many times I bare my testimony each day here. There is always someone right around the corner to teach. These people are great though. Even if they don't even want to hear what we say, they will listen and participate and sometimes even give us a referral. It’s just funny how they act here. 

I prefer dry heat over humidity. I am seriously wet from sweat and humidity all the time. I'm getting used to it though. My favorite days are when it rains and we get to go around teaching. The people in Ghana hate rain and hide under cover and don't move until it stops. So when they see us walking around they tell us to come in until it stops, and we get free lesson all the time. It’s soooo funny. These people are so different.  But I am really starting to love these people like crazy. It’s so cool to try to be a part of their culture and to speak their languages.

So far since I've been here, we have had two new sweet investigators. One is a girl whose father is a tribe leader, and the other is a man who we talked to on the road. He said he doesn't go to church because he believes churches steal money from people to use for themselves. We loved telling him about our church… haha. He’s super interested now and came to sacrament yesterday. These two are both really new investigators so I’ll let you know how the lessons go next week with them. You can just see the spirit in someone, though, when they want to know more, and it’s so cool to see it in these two people. I hope things go good with them.

Anyway the Axim branch has been a branch for around 30 years. My companion and I are going to try really hard to help them out. Sorry I wasn't able to write very much this time. The internet is very bad this week so we are going to try to go somewhere else next PDay. I also cannot upload any pictures, but I promise I've got some great ones headed your way. 

Love you all back home,
--Elder Knecht

Thank goodness for Elder Knecht's mission president's blog so we could get a few pics of him this week!!!  Remember the "Provo Nine?"  It turns out if you don't have your Missionary Training Center experience in Ghana, you come into the mission field without Non-Citizen Identification Cards or your medical clearance to establish residency in the country.  So, they had to yank them all back from their areas of assignment, and they spent one day in Takoradi getting their ID cards and the next day in Cape Coast with the doctor.  Pizza and a sleepover at the mission home were included to make it all worth while. 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment