Monday, October 17, 2016

Axim, Ghana (October 17, 2016)


Ghana is great, and I can definitely tell that it’s starting to get hotter outside. On top of that, the power keeps getting turned off. The rain comes and cools this place off from time to time, but afterwards the humidity is even worse. Win loose situations. We have been having a lot of lessons. So, we are usually in the shade teaching a lesson outside, and a nice breeze will come from time to time. In Ghana, we rarely ever teach a lesson in a house. In fact, I've only taught one inside since I've been here. It’s super nice being outside, though, as long as you are in the shade.


So, we have two baptisms for next month. One, a girl who has a father who is a member. I got the chance to ask her to be baptized and she said yes. The other one is a young man, and he also has been progressing really great. He always has a lot of questions and is able to answer our questions for him perfectly. He listens very well, and last Sunday he asked us if he could get baptized. That was a super cool moment to hear him ask that. When I came here, this placed seemed really messed up, and I was beginning to wonder whether or not that the rest of Ghana was the same way. My companion and I have been putting in a lot of work and many many hours. I have seen the success coming because of it. We are preparing our area for a lot of success next transfer.


My companion and I have also done a lot of traveling last week. We had a training meeting in Cape Coast that we had to be at. I was able to see all of my buddies from the MTC again! I love those guys so much! It was so sweet to see them again and to know that they are all doing great! I'm Loving it!


Miss you all back home, 


-- Elder Knecht

The famous Fufu.  The food selection is pretty limited in Ghana, and this is probably the most popular of the 3 choices.  He's going to crave this when he comes back in two years!  Haha!  

Elder Jennings has been a wonderful first companion and trainer and is really teaching Elder Knecht how to work hard!  Sounds like their hard work is starting to pay off in Axim!

Missionary Training by the beautiful ocean in Cape Coast.  Jacob missed his MTC buddies it sounds like!  They are going to be his friends for life! 





No comments:

Post a Comment